How To Apply For UK Student Visa From Pakistan – Step-By-Step Guide
How To Apply For UK Student Visa From Pakistan This article will walk you through the steps required to apply for a student visa to study in the United Kingdom if you are a citizen of Pakistan or India.
Most kids are interested in attending schools in other countries, particularly in the United Kingdom. However, they are unaware of the procedure that must be followed to apply for a student visa.
Instructions for Applying for a Student Visa to Study in the UK from Pakistan
To successfully apply for a student visa to study in the UK, you must follow the stages outlined below in the correct order.
- Passing the IELTS is Required
- Pay Attention to When You Should Apply
- The Many Ways to Apply for a Student Visa to the United Kingdom
- Discussion with a Representative from the University
- Specifics concerning the Financial Statement
- An examination for tuberculosis
- Letter of CAS stands for “Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.”
- Fill out a Visa Application
- Schedule an Appointment at the VFS Center
Now Let’s start with the details!
1. Passing the IELTS is Required
The IELTS exam is required. We cannot enter the United Kingdom since we lack IELTS scores.
IELTS scores between 5.5 and 6.0 are required to meet the requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree program in the United Kingdom.
On the other hand, if you want to be considered for admission to the Master’s program, you need to get a score between 6.0 and 6.5 bands.
However, the requirements for the bands can change from university to university, depending on what each university requires.
2. Pay Attention to When You Should Apply
Universities in Europe, notably the United Kingdom, announce admission twice yearly, once in January and once in September. These intakes are referred to respectively as the January and September intakes.
You must submit your application three months before either of the intakes, regardless of which information you want to apply for.
3. The Many Ways to Apply for a Student Visa to the United Kingdom
- You have the option of applying on your own or doing so through the assistance of a consultant.
- The standard fee for consulting services in Pakistan is 25000/- PKR. However, be wary of those who would steal from you. Some consultants are not to be trusted.
- Several fairly straightforward processes are involved if you choose to submit your application on your own.
- To get started, head to the UCAS website.
- You can sign up for an account or register on the website.
- You can submit your application to any of the five colleges using the website.
- You will require the following documents to apply for admission to any institution in the United Kingdom.
- A Certificate from the IELTS
- The Matriculation Exam
- The Degree of FSC
- Applicants for Master’s programs are required to have a bachelor’s degree.
- After applying to any five institutions through the website, you will, within the next seven to ten days, receive an offer letter from any or all of the universities through email.
- You must agree to the terms of the offer (if one was made) extended to you by the university of your choosing.
- After you have decided to take up the offer, you can move on to the subsequent steps.
4. Discussion with a Representative from the University
A video call will be used to conduct an interview that will take place online. The consultation aims to determine whether or not the candidate is legitimate.
The conversation will, of course, take place in English, as that is the official language of the United States. They will evaluate the extent to which you have mastered the language to support your IELTS band scores.
After you have completed the interview process with the institution, you will get an Unconditional Offer Letter from the university.
In the letter, you will receive information regarding your courses, student ID, and fees, among other things.
In addition, the institution will ask for your documentation (that you supplied on the website while applying) and the statement from your bank account for the previous month and a half.
5. Specifics concerning the Financial Statement
When you apply for a student visa to study in the United Kingdom, your bank statement must demonstrate that you have the funds to pay for one academic year’s worth of tuition fees and living expenses in the United Kingdom.
Generally, living costs encompass all your expenses, such as food, housing, etc.
Outside of London, the cost of living is 9207 pounds, equivalent to around 23 lacs Indian Rupees.
If you lived in London proper, the average cost of your monthly living expenses would be 10,500 pounds, which is approximately 29 lacs Indian Rupees.
If you want to pursue a Bachelor’s degree, your bank statement should show you have between 68 and 70 lac Rupees.
In addition, if you are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree, you should have between 62 and 64 Lac Rupees in your bank account.
Are you finished with this section? Let’s skip ahead to the next stage, shall we?
6. An examination for tuberculosis
- In its most basic form, tuberculosis (TB) is an infection of the lungs caused by bacteria. When applying for a student visa to the UK, you must take a tuberculosis test.
- You must go to one of the centers or clinics in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, or Mirpur Azad Kashmir to get tested for tuberculosis (TB). These clinics are owned and operated by the United Kingdom.
- The Tuberculosis Test costs 11,000 Pakistani Rupees (PKR).
- The TB Certificate would be needed to apply for a visa and would also be necessary to enter the United Kingdom through an airport.
- Congratulations are in order if your TB test comes back negative.
Let’s proceed to the next stage, shall we?
7. Letter of CAS, which stands for “Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies.”
After you have completed all of the requirements, such as providing a bank statement and passing a TB test, you will be required to obtain a CAS letter from the university.
The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Letter is a sponsor letter that provides information such as the beginning and ending dates of the course, the sponsor number, and a recommendation for the student visa.
The visa application must include a letter of acceptance into study (CAS) addressed to the UK Home Office.
The university will conduct a pre-CAS interview with the applicant via video call before sending the acceptance letter into the program.
You will be sent the CAS letter after you have completed the pre-CAS interview.
8. Fill out a Visa Application
- You can now submit an online application for a visa where you have obtained your Degrees, CAS Letter, TB Certificate, and IELTS Certificate.
- Please fill out the form that may be found on the UKVI website. Complete the state with the appropriate information. You may easily apply and pay the money for the visa online.
- The visa fee for students is approximately 110000 Pakistani Rupees. However, the cost schedule is subject to change at any time.
- The cost of the visa will remain the same regardless of whether you are seeking a student visa to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- After you have deposited the visa fee, you will be requested to deposit the IHS, which stands for international health Insurance.
- IHS will charge you around 4,85,000 PKR for the application fee if you apply to a Bachelor’s program.
- The IHS fee for a Master’s degree is around 1,65,000 PKR.
- The length of the stay determines the charge, which is why there is a difference between the two options.
- The Master’s Degree Program can be finished in one year, whereas the Bachelor’s Degree Program takes three years to complete.
- During your time as a student in the United Kingdom, International Health Insurance will pay for all of your necessary medical care costs.
9. Schedule an Appointment at the VFS Center
VFS is a courier service that will deliver all of your paperwork (including your passport), your fingerprints, a facial scan of your face, and photos of yourself to the UK to obtain a student visa.
Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, and Mirpur are the four cities in Pakistan that serve as VFS’ primary operational hubs. You must first schedule an appointment through the website to visit any offices.
Within 15 business days, your passport will be returned to you via VFS, with or without a visa acceptance stamp, depending on your preference.
Applying for a student visa to the United Kingdom takes time. The entire process, which begins with preparing for and passing IELTs and ends with acquiring the Student Visa, often takes one and a half years to finish.
We hope you understand the steps involved in applying for a student visa to study in the United Kingdom from Pakistan.