ICC World Cup 2023 Schedule, Fixtures, Time Table and All Other Details
ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Tournament Timetable The upcoming World Cup in 2023 is one of the most anticipated competitions of the decade. The International Cricket Council (ICC) will hold the World Class competition once every four years, beginning with preliminary qualification stages and culminating in a championship match.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) refers to this competition as the “Flagship event of the international cricket calendar” Even though many domestic and international events are held each month, the wait for the GRAND Cricket ODI World Cup will never conclude.
In 1975, the competition was held for the first time, and the West Indies were victorious, defeating Australia in a 60-over match by scoring 17 runs to claim the title. England was crowned champion after beating New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup championship game and took home the trophy.
The 2023 FIFA World Cup
- The competition will officially begin on October 5, with the first match pitting England and New Zealand against one another.
- The One-Day International World Cup 2023 final is scheduled at Grand Narendra Modi Stadium on November 19, 2023.
- The One-Day International World Cup 2023 would include competition between ten teams at twelve locations, including Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- There will be a total of 48 matches played out.
- World Cup 2023 will be the 13th iteration of the ICC Cricket World Cup, and India will host it. The dates for the tournament have not been revealed yet. According to a report, the One-Day International World Cup of Cricket 2023 is slated to occur between October 5 and November 19.
At first, the competition was supposed to occur between February 9 and March 26 in 2023. After the COVID-19 epidemic disrupted the qualification schedule in July 2020, it was decided that the tournament would be postponed to October and November. This decision was made public in July of that year.
It will be the first time the competition is staged wholly in India; three earlier editions – 1987, 1996, and 2011 – were partially hosted there.
Ten teams will compete in the 2023 edition of the event, the same number as in the edition before. The current format consists of a qualification phase that spans the three years before the tournament. This phase selects which teams are eligible to compete in the tournament phase.
|Tournament||Men’s ODI World Cup 2023|
|Date||October 5 – November 19|
|Format||One Day International|
Timetable for the World Cup in 2023
The Cricket World Cup 2023 schedule states that each participating nation will play each of the other nine teams once during the group stage, consisting of 45 group matches.
The seven teams who finish in first place in the Super League and the host nation of India will advance to the next round of qualification for the World Cup. The remaining five teams and the five Associate sides will compete in the Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023. From that competition, only two teams will move on to compete in the main tournament.
- The match between India and Pakistan is scheduled for Sunday, October 15, 2023.
- According to a report, the match between India and Australia will most likely occur in Chepauk. In contrast, the game between India and Pakistan will most likely happen in Ahmedabad.
- It is anticipated that most of Pakistan’s matches will occur in either Chennai or Bengaluru. Conversely,
- most of Bangladesh’s matches are scheduled in Guwahati and Kolkata, respectively.
- The schedule for the World Cup 2023 will be updated on this page as soon as the official announcement is made. Keep an eye out for new information coming soon!!!
Teams Competing in World Cup 2023
Because India is hosting the World Cup in 2023, the Indian national team will be automatically qualified to compete. Seven teams will be competing in the World Cup in 2023, including India and the other six. The information regarding the teams competing in the 2023 World Cup can be found below.
- South Africa
- New Zealand (n.fr.)
The Road Leading Up to CWC23
The top two teams from the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 will earn spots on the World Cup squads in 2023. These teams will compete for the final two holes. The following information pertains to the teams that will be competing in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 that will take place in Zimbabwe:
|Group A||Group B|
|West Indies||Sri Lanka|
- One match will be played between each of the teams in the group.
- The top three teams in each group will advance to the Super Six round, while the worst two teams will compete in the playoff round. The teams finishing first, second, and third place will advance to the Super Six round.
- The players who finished seventh through tenth will compete in the next round of the playoffs.
- The deciding match for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 will be played between the top two teams in the Super Six standings.
- The top four teams will earn spots in the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, which will be held in India.
- The Procedures for Qualifying for the 2023 World Cup
- The primary route for teams to qualify for the event will be through the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League from 2020 to 2023. Direct entry for the event will be granted to the top seven teams in the CWCSL standings and India, who will qualify for the competition by their status as hosts.
2023 World Cup Qualification Process
Following that, the five teams still competing in the CWCSL, the top three teams from the ICC Cricket World Cup League 2, and the top two teams from the 2023 World Cup Qualifier Play-off will compete in the 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifier. This competition will determine the final two teams qualifying for the World Cup.
The format for the World Cup in 2023
- There will be a total of ten teams competing for the prized trophy.
- The event will have a format quite similar to the one that will take place in England and Wales in 2019, consisting of a round-robin stage followed by knockout stages.
- During the round-robin stage, each ten teams will compete against the other nine teams once.
In each game, the team that comes out on top receives two points for their victory, while the other group receives one point apiece for a match in which there is no clear victor.
- After completing the round-robin stage, the four teams with the best records will advance to the semi-finals.
- The winners of the first and second semi-finals will compete against one another in the final to determine who will take home the title of champion.
Dates for the World Cup in 2023
According to a report, the One-Day International Cricket World Cup 2023 will take place between October 5 and November 19. According to the same article, the final game of the ICC Cricket ODI World Cup 2023 will take place in Ahmedabad, India, home to the world’s largest cricket stadium.
|S.No.||Fixtures||Date and time
(IST / EST / PKT / GMT)
|1||England vs South Africa||Oct 5, Thu (Anticipated)||India|
|2||West Indies vs Pakistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|3||New Zealand vs Sri Lanka||Oct – Nov||India|
|4||Afghanistan vs Australia||Oct – Nov||India|
|5||South Africa vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|6||England vs Pakistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|7||Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka||Oct – Nov||India|
|8||South Africa vs India||Oct – Nov||India|
|9||Bangladesh vs New Zealand||Oct – Nov||India|
|10||Australia vs West Indies||Oct – Nov||India|
|11||Pakistan vs Sri Lanka||Oct – Nov||India|
|12||England vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|13||Afghanistan vs New Zealand||Oct – Nov||India|
|14||India vs Australia||Oct – Nov||India|
|15||South Africa vs West Indies||Oct – Nov||India|
|16||Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka||Oct – Nov||India|
|17||Australia vs Pakistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|18||India vs New Zealand||Oct – Nov||India|
|19||England vs West Indies||Oct – Nov||India|
|20||Sri Lanka vs Australia||Oct – Nov||India|
|21||South Africa vs Afghanistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|22||India vs Pakistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|23||West Indies vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|24||England vs Afghanistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|25||New Zealand vs South Africa||Oct – Nov||India|
|26||Australia vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|27||England vs Sri Lanka||Oct – Nov||India|
|28||India vs Afghanistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|29||West Indies vs New Zealand||Oct – Nov||India|
|30||Pakistan vs South Africa||Oct – Nov||India|
|31||Bangladesh vs Afghanistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|32||England vs Australia||Oct – Nov||India|
|33||New Zealand vs Pakistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|34||West Indies vs India||Oct – Nov||India|
|35||Sri Lanka vs South Africa||Oct – Nov||India|
|36||Pakistan vs Afghanistan||Oct – Nov||India|
|37||New Zealand vs Australia||Oct – Nov||India|
|38||England vs India||Oct – Nov||India|
|39||Sri Lanka vs West Indies||Oct – Nov||India|
|40||India vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|41||England vs New Zealand||Oct – Nov||India|
|42||Afghanistan vs West Indies||Oct – Nov||India|
|43||Pakistan vs Bangladesh||Oct – Nov||India|
|44||Sri Lanka vs India||Oct – Nov||India|
|45||Australia vs South Africa||Oct – Nov||India|
|46||TBC vs TBC 1st Semifinal||November||India|
|47||TBC vs TBC 2nd Semifinal||November||India|
|48||TBC vs TBC Final||Nov 19, Sun||Ahmedabad, India|
Location of the World Cup in 2023
The competition will take place over 46 days in India and consist of 48 games, including three knockout rounds. As a result, it is anticipated that the matches will take place at various locations throughout India.
In addition to the stadium in Ahmedabad, the World Cup matches in 2023 will take place in the following cities: Hyderabad, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Delhi, Indore, Dharamsala, Guwahati, Rajkot, Raipur, and Mumbai.
Host of the World Cup in 2023
India holds the right to host the ICC Cricket One-Day International World Cup in 2023. It will be the first time the competition is staged wholly in India; three earlier editions – 1987, 1996, and 2011 – were partially hosted there.